Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sad day...

This isn't the post I thought I would be writing today...

Dawn and Jonathan

Last night one of my nearest and dearest friend's husband passed away. This picture is from their wedding just 3 and 1/2 months ago. Needless to say we (friends and family) are heartbroken for her. I want to type more here, but the words just keep getting jumbled up inside of me with the tears so it will have to wait... for now all I can say is please pray for her to be able to feel peace.

UPDATES*** I've been getting lots of emails and calls for more info.. so here it is.

The funeral will be Saturday at 1:00 p.m. There will be a viewing before from 11:00 -12:30 on that same day. The address of the church for Jonathan's funeral is 3050 Mojave Lane, Provo, UT

Flowers can be sent to the Berg Mortuary at 185 E. Center in Provo, UT care of Jonathan or Dawn Paine.

Michelle wrote a nice tribute on her blog here is THE LINK.

Here is a post from Jocie's photo blog from THE WEDDING.

And from Susie a SWEET MESSAGE.

And just in case you want to leave a message for Dawn, her blog link is HERE, she told me that she just hadn't gotten around to updating it yet with the wedding pictures and now... well she's not really feeling up to it, so we'll see.

I'll link to the obituary here when it is available online.

6 comments:

seesuerun said...

This was such a shocker! I haven't seen that picture. They look wonderful! I am so Sorry Dawn :( He was such an amazing husband, son and friend. We love you tons!

abbie higginson said...

Ohhh, I am heartbroken for her! She is such a darling girl. I've known her since we were little, having grown up in the same ward. She waited soo long for a huband/family, to loose it all so quickly.

How did it happen?

Abbie Jensen

Callie said...

Oh Jamie- I'm so sorry! That's a beautiful picture of them together. I can't even imagine how she must feel. I hate when awful things happen that remind you how fragile we are and how we can't predict where life will take us! I wish I could give you a big hug.
Love, Callie

Rudd Family said...

Hi Jamie-
I work with Jon and he was such a fun guy. It was a very hard day at work yesterday. We all knew something was up when our VP called us in his office. I feel so bad for Dawn but I do believe that she came into his life for a reason even if it was for a short while. Atleast he is no more pain and is with his father and brother again.

-Cindy

Ethington Family said...

I am so sorry to here that. I really like Dawn, and although haven't seen her in a long time, she is not one who can easily forget. I will keep her in my prayers. Thanks for letting us all know. Take care, and hug her for me.
mary

Laura F said...

Holy cow... I totally missed this Jamie. I'm so sorry for Dawn - thanks for posting this and give her a hug for me next time you see her. I should give her a call.