Here we are all ready to go! Actually we were just going to the grocery store because we waited till the last minute to stock the fridge at home for the kids and Jocie. See how excited we look...

Eventually we made it there. Here is a nice shot of Zak at the resort overlooking Deer Valley.
Being the good wife that I am, I booked us a great package at the Stein Erikson Lodge. It was called the "Live like a millionaire" package. I've always wanted to pretend I was a millionaire and I thought this would be the perfect time to try it out (without the kids, what can I say? I'm selfish). The package came with a really great room...
Here are some pictures.
This is the living and dining room...
And here is the kitchen...
And the hot tub... (we waited until after dark to use it and it was very romantic)
Also included in the package was a four course dinner at their really, really fancy restaurant The Glitretind (more about this later). Here we are just before dinner...

When we came back from dinner we found that they had come in our room and done a "turn down service". In case you aren't accustomed to the millionaire lifestyle (like us) I'll fill you in. This is when they come into your room in the evening hours and unmake your bed. Seriously, they take off all the fancy pillows and stuff and turn down your covers, leave a little tray with goodies, turn on some romantic music, lay out robes for you...
And slippers...
They closed all the curtains and dimmed the lights, and most importantly, they leave you chocolate!
Here I am eating some...
Now, back to the dinner review... The four course dinner was... hmmm, how shall I describe it? Well it was nice and all fancy, but if that is how millionaires eat out I am definately going back to the middle class dining experience. First of all, you have to speak another language just to read the menu. Well, maybe not another "language", but do you know what this is?
Grey Goose Citron Cured Arctic Char; Frozen Crème Fraîche, Limoncello Granité, Black Pepper Cracker (That is all just one description of a single entree, which I never really figured out what it was)
or how about this?
Seven Spiced Breast of Muscovy Duck; Truffle Potato Puree, Wax Beans, Peach-Foie Gras Mousseline (Try and pronounce that)
And then after you manage to decipher something and order. You get this huge, fancy plate with a tiny little portion of [fill in the blank] sitting in the middle of it. I was dying to take a picture, but felt a little self conscious, so sorry!
I know, you are thinking that's why you get four courses... wrong!
Here is a picture of Zak back in our room with the room service we had to order because we were starving after our nearly $200.00 meal at the fancy restaraunt. (just a note... room service is not cheap)
The next morning we each enjoyed 1 hour Swedish massages... now that was worth every penny!
After a much needed break and having had a fabulous time pretending to be millionaires (also, we were now broke), we packed up and headed home. Well not quite, we stopped in Provo and shopped at the mall, went to see "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull", and ate at Ruby River (where we got so full from our $50.00 meal that we had to bring it home in boxes). It was good to be back as "regular" folks again.
Here's Zak asking if we can just stay one more night...
And here I am in the plaza outside our room. See those big fireplaces, this must be quite the place to be during the ski season.
Home at last with our babies...
Maya and Mommy!
Isabella running to Daddy...
And here are the girls in their new p.j.'s we got them on our trip (Did I mention we shopped in Park City at the outlets, I love the sales)...






6 comments:
OK I'm really jealous! I stayed home with all the kids and reread Twilight and dreamed about hot vampires biting me--that's almost as good as Deer Valley...hahahaha! I'm glad you had fun, Moms definately need a break every once in a while!!!
YIPPEE!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend together! You deserve it!
Wow! What a fabulous idea! We are going to be 11 years in Sept. Last year we did nothing. There is still hope!
It's about time :-) I'm glad you found us! I can't believe how big your baby has gotten! We need to get together again! Oh and deer valley looked like so much fun, next time we're coming ;-)
Jamie, no I don't think your blogstalking is creepy . . . I admit I totally do it, too! Which is another reason I love your class of 1994 site. Hey, did you see Jenni Walton and Laura Swenson's links on my blog?
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun living like millionaires for a day. Ethan and I are going to Portland next week, I am so excited I have found so many fun places to go. I just hope we have time to do it in 6 days.
Post a Comment