Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

We had a birthday party for my Grandpa back on June 7th, but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it!

You just can't turn 84 without having a party! Here is Gramps opening up his present...

A new hat!

Trying it on...

The main course... take a good look! I bet you don't eat these very often. Any guesses?

O.K. so my pictures are a litte out of order. Here we have Maya holding a bowl of a Clark family favorite: Grandpa's Famous Sugar Cookies!
Alrighty! We are back to the main dish at Grandpa's birthday party.... Frog legs! And here is Will trying them out (he does not know that he is eating frog legs, I told the kids it was chicken).

Aunt Marg had 30 lbs of frog legs delivered just for Grandpa's party as a joke. Grandpa always told us his favorite food was frog legs to gross us out (I think).

Here is Grandpa (Gram is in the back) and Aunt Shirley digging in...

And here we have Em and Zoe pigging out on the cookies...
Isabella proudly wearing Aunt Jocie's hat...
Gramps enjoying his "legs"... I've heard that it supposedly "tastes like chicken", but we decided that it tastes more like trout, rubbery trout.
Gram (conveniently pretending the camera is not aimed at her)...

Jocie and her frog legs...
The party-goers!
Bella trying on my glasses...
That's Uncle Jeb at the bottom of the pile...
Alyvia pretending she is older than she really is... sigh... they grow up SO fast!



3 comments:

seesuerun said...

I bet it is nice to have a photographer in the family! Cure kids.

seesuerun said...

Just in case you are wondering I meant to write "cute kids" on that last comment:)

April said...

Frog legs!!! You guys are brave eaters! I'm glad you had a fun party!