Tip #1: Get there a little early or plan on parking a million trillion miles away.
Tip #2: Take a big sun umbrella or make sure you have a friend there who is willing to share theirs. Also, take a blanket or chair to sit on. I tried my best to use my giant stroller to shade me, but I still had to sit on the semi-wet grass.
Tip #3: Pack A LOT of snacks and water for your kids (don't pack yogurt because your kids will whine and refuse to eat it because it didn't just come cold out of the fridge).
Tip #4: Tell your child (before the race) to focus on the winning tape at the end and run for it (I saw some kids who had a pretty good shot at winning, but they kept looking all around them and lost their edge).
Here Alyvia is talking to her teacher, Mrs. Bradford...

The softball throw... Alyvia didn't like this event at all (probably because she wasn't really very good at it - she HATES to lose). But, I thought she looked cute!

The cheerleaders! Maya is taking over my cheesy smile in this one...
This is the 50 yard dash (she won this one)...
This is the 100 (is yards or meters - I have no clue), see the girl in the yellow out in front? She won the race. She was all decked out in fancy running gear and before the race I heard her parents "reminding" her of a whole list of things that would ensure her the win. It all sounded really "pro" and I felt like a really bad parent right then because I hadn't told Liv anything except "run fast".

Here's another view of her as she approaches the finish line, she did take second even without any coaching and I was really proud of her...
At the end of the day, Alyvia and Maya smile for me one last time!
I'm trying to get Alyvia to join the track club this summer, wish me luck...



3 comments:
Jamie, Your such a good sport! You should have called me, I think Ive been to about 14 track meets so far. This is my first time at the blogger thing so I hope I'm doing it right. Lorraine
I don't think she'll give up soccer for track...
All these pictures just remind me of how much I dreaded track meets, I'm getting a little sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I was too slow to win but too embarrassed to come in last so I'd run my litte heart out just so I could go unnoticed.
Post a Comment