Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Creepy Crawlies...

Week #3 : Spiders and Insects!
This was Will's week to shine. He has an affinity for bugs and (unfortunately) spiders. I am always yelling at him to put down that spider ( I HATE spiders)!

One of our activities this week was a bug hunt. The kids all had butterfly nets, bug barns, and a magnifying glass. Here is a shot of Will's latest catch... a baby preying mantis!
A closer look...

And here he is with his new pet butterfly...

He always puts a flower in the net to catch the butterflies...

I taught the kids about symmetry with this art project. We made butterflies and hung them from the fan above the kitchen table.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute idea!
Dani

Mark and Michal said...

Hey Jamie- I remember you! Nathalie's email is natywallis@digitalpath.net. Send her an email- I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear from you. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Michal

Jennings said...

I am so impressed with your schedule for the kids and having projects for them to do. You are a great mom! The bug pictures turned out really well. Have fun with the bugs!

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Fun! Maybe I should hire your kids to come decorate my house :)