Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catching up...

I've been neglecting my blogging duties and now I have to suffer for it... by catching up! We've had a busy couple of weeks around here finishing up our summer fun and getting ready for school to start again. Zak spent a weekend deer hunting (with his archery tag) down in Southern Utah with Tom, Cal, and J.D. He didn't bring home any deer (thank goodness), but he did haul home Uncle Tommy's newest toy (if you want see pics of my brothers/Zak's deer hunting buddies riding click here and just a note - I know Em said she would charge 10 $ for Tommy's number, but I'll beat that by $5)!

Here he is messing around on Tom's pit bike...



The kids couldn't stand being left out, here is Maya having a go...

Will's next!
Zak thought he was done giving rides until Isabella ran right up and held out her arms - me, me!


Something else that has been occupying our time around here is the 2008 Olympics in Beijing! We've been staying up too late every night enjoying Michael Phelps quest for gold!


And I have LOVED watching the U.S. vs. China gymnastics showdown...
I know he's not from the good ole' U.S. of A., but you can't help cheer for the guy, Usain Bolt is amazing. And maybe it's just me, but don't you thinks it's a little more than ironic that the fastest man in the world's last name is Bolt!
I have to include this one last picture, it say's everything about these Olympic Games!

And now for the best news of all... school has officially begun! Alyvia was up bright and early this morning getting ready for the first day of school! I can't believe she is in Fourth grade! Here she is posing for me as she gets ready to go! I commented on her smirk and had to take a few more shots...

until we got this! She just got her braces off last week and she isn't used to smiling with her teeth showing.
Let's not forget the shoes! The whole outfit was actually built around these shoes. Alyvia begged and pleaded with me for these and I caved (then we had to shop especially for clothes to match these shoes). I also took this picture so I could mention that Alyvia officially wears the same size of shoe as her mother! I always knew I would be sharing shoes with her one day, I just never pictured her as a 4th grader! (We wear size 6 1/2 & 7 , in case you were wondering)
O.K. Mom I'm leaving now...
Seriously, stop taking my picture!

And she's off! Will starts Kindergarten next week and Maya follows up with preschool the week after that! It's going to be a busy year.

10 comments:

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

I see Zak is sporting some facial hair! Is that left over from the hunt or is he keeping it? Looks good...what does the wife say?

April said...

first things first- Zak- I know you have lots of razors....SHAVE that thing off your face. Or maybe I will pay someone to wax it off. Secondly, I am a coupon addict and have bought $384 worth of stuff that i normally buy for about 175 dollars. I get off on it way too much. I joined coupon sense down here and they have it in Utah too. I will probably only do it for a while until I really get how to work the system. Cute pictures and I love Livvy's shoes.

Jamie said...

Scott - Yes it's left over from the deer hunt and NO the wife does not like it!

April - It's true I have plenty of razors (all free or next to free), he claims he is using them, but only to shape the dang beard or whatever it is.

April said...

This is Carl--Keep the handlebar stache! It goes well with the bike.

Alyvia looks too big! Your smile is pretty--so show it off!

prRiggs said...

Hey Jamie,
It's Kandace--my neighbor, Jackie, finally got around to telling me that she knew you and of course, I've already seen you're blog from Callie's site and figured out that it was really you. It's crazy how paths cross even 15 years down the road. You'll have to send me your email at felriggs@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

So my new goal in life---I wanna be sports photographer and take pics at the Olympics--that'd be cool.

Liv is adorable!

Jennings said...

Alyvia your shoes are very cute!! I am glad that you are all ready for school. Enjoy 4th grade. I hope that you aren't too concerned about the shoe size. I have had the same size of shoes since the 7th grade and have grown a lot since then!

As for the olympics and staying up late to watch them. Here we can get the canadian station and they play all of the games earlier...we love CBUT!

April said...

Happy first days of school!

Anonymous said...

I am also so super exhausted from the amazing olympics this year!! Michael phels is awesome and so is bolt! The last basketball game is tomorrow i can't wait!! Oh and we can't forget the amazing women's beach volleyball team who have been undeafted for more than a year! (toms favorite event, because they're in bikinis)

Love livy's shoe's and they just happen to be in my size also!

and i like zak's stash ;)

Dani

ATWOOD said...

Your family is so cute! We need to get together soon...before we move to Vegas. So let me know when you are available.

ALSO, I tagged you, so go to my blog and do it PLEASE ;-)