Friday, August 29, 2008

One of those days...

This computer is making me fat... seriously. I'm allowed to blame it on someone, or in this case some"thing" else, aren't I? Of course it might not be entirely the computer's fault, it could also be all those cookies I've been eating.

Whatever it is, I've had enough! I was thinking about posting some pictures up of our trip to the Utah County Fair - until I saw myself in the pictures! You could argue that it was a "bad angle", but I'm pretty sure I saw the makings of a double chin (I'm embarrassed to even write that out loud).

I have yet to find a form of exercise I enjoy. Running is out (makes my knees hurt), ditto with jogging (same thing with the knees), I can't seem to get up early enough in the morning to make it to the free Yoga and Kickboxing classes they offer here and even if I did I'd still have to take my kids because Zak leaves so dang early! It's the same with the morning walking group, I keep saying I would love to join an aerobics class... and I would! But it's got to be at the perfect time! When is that, heck if I know? It's got to be sometime after Liv goes to school in the morning, but not too close to when I have to make lunch for the other 3 kids, and it can't be during any of the times when I drop off or pick up Will from Kindergarten and Maya from preschool (which are all different times on different days thanks to early out). It also can't coincide with Bella's naptime or "homework time" or "chore time", or dinner time or any other "time" the kids need my help and supervision! It can't be during "my time" with hubby either. Oh yeah, and I would need to find the perfect babysitter and hope that her schedule coordinates with mine...

I've thought about getting a DVD or something, you remember "Buns of Steel"? That sounds nice (I could use some of those)... but I also need someone to kick my "buns" and keep me going. Me, myself, and I are not good choices to motivate yours truly back into shape.

So there you have it! I am destined to carry this extra 5 lbs (from each kid - you do the math) forever... or until I'm ready to stop whining and make it work!

6 comments:

Callie said...

I have this exact same problem! I can especially relate to the too many cookies part! I have to say that you're still looking mighty thin in every picture I've seen of you! But if you come up with a great plan, let me know about it! I might have to copy you! I keep thinking I'm gonna hop on the treadmill for a late night walk, but I just can't get motivated at the end of the day and I'm too busy all the other times.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

*Warning, LOOOOONG comment!*

Jamie, You look great as far as I can tell. If you put my Beach pics from vacation next to yours I am sure you will be much happier with yourself. Although, I don't really endorse comparison, it usually backfires in one way or another.

Anyway,
Here is what I have been doing since may or June. I forget when we started.
Every morning after I put the kids on the bus, (still have J at home) either I go to a friend's house and we do a dvd workout, or if it's Tuesday or Thursday, we meet at the pool to do laps. Sometimes we meet here as well. We have a group of about 6 and usually have 3 show up. But It is a HUGE help to have someone there that you know is going to be knocking on your door at 7:30 am to workout. I know i would not have made it this far without them.

The first couple of times were a little embarrassing for everyone, there was much jiggling of flesh, moaning and groaning, tripping, and utter confusion at what we were supposed to be doing. But we got over it. It also strengthen our friendships. Now we feel fine when we see each other without makeup, haven't showered, have dirty dishes in the sink from the night before, etc. And we still like each other!

So yeah, find a few friends, figure out a schedule and jump in!

BTW, NETFLIX has The Biggest Loser DVDS and we really like them. That is an awesome way to test out various excercise videos without having to purchase them.

Swimming is a really good workout too.

April said...

Hey, I'm with you there, my friend! Although, I must say-- You look wonderful! And I'm not just saying that because I like you!

Jennings said...

I have to tell you my little secret. Although take it for what it is worth because I don't have to get kids off to school yet and do the big routine that you do.

I don't know if you have comcast...for some reason I think you do. But they have free exercise tv videos. I do it in the morning and the kids will do it with me. It is pretty funny but I am glad that I don't have to do it in front of a lot of people because that would be pretty embarrassing. I also do the wii fit step and watch tv with Jared and hold Hannah just so I can work out. I still have a long way to go but those things are helping out a little bit. Good luck!

seesuerun said...

Hey James invitation is open to come work out with your sis or even Dawn when ever she gets in here. You have a PT on hand. By the way you don't look like you are carrying extra luggage!!! It would be nice if there was a mommy and me class around like they have at Lehi legacy center. Yeah that is pretty cool look it up on KSL or the daily herald.

Jamie said...

I saw that article the other day and had the same wish! Thanks everyone for your comments, I know that it is REALLY about my priorities and less about my schedule. I'm working on it... I bet the kids would love for me to get a WII!