Friday, September 12, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!

Here is Will on his first day of Kindergarten!  He was a little nervous, but he tried really hard not to show it.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous too, it's been a long time since I've done this (Liv's in 4th grade now) and it feels brand new.

I'm sure he is going to do fine.  His biggest worry has been that he can't read "chapter books" yet.  I didn't tell him that the teacher is already impressed with his reading skills (I didn't want him to get a big head).

I'm sure he is going to do great this year.  I have to say (brag a little) that I am really glad I taught him to read so early.  I'm positive that this is going to make things a lot easier for him and help him to build his confidence.  I know he's only 5, but he can be so hard on himself sometimes.  His teacher is wonderful and I couldn't be happier!

4 comments:

April said...

Congratulations on a big day! You were both very brave:)

Jennings said...

That is great! I am very impressed that he reads already. I am sure he will do great in school. I hope that he has a great time!

Callie said...

What a cutie! I bet he loves kindergarten!

seesuerun said...

You're a good mom James. Hey here is another person I am not sure if you have her already.

http://the4mcclellans.blogspot.com/2008/09/spanish-fork-half-marathon.html