We had a little family night with Grandma & Grandpa, Jeb, Tom, Simon, and Zoe (Jocie and Ry were busy packing up for their big move). The kids made Brad's "Welcome Home" poster. It's hanging in the window at Grandma's right now!


I should have taken pictures after - they turned the markers on themselves and it wasn't pretty!

Jeb and Zak look on... see how excited they are for Brad to get home!








THE BIG DAY
Tuesday September 23rd around 3:55 p.m.
It's important to note the exact time here... 3:55 is when Brad's flight was scheduled to arrive. Naturally, we all arrived at the airport around 3:50 p.m. (in 3 separate cars) and were frantically trying to find parking spots. Zak, the kids, and I got inside first - only to find out that we were in the wrong Terminal! We headed outside and down to Terminal 1 (all the while I am back and forth on the phone with Jocie and Mom as they were still navigating the parking garage). We got to the right baggage claim and I noticed that his flight had arrived and was already in the baggage claim - not a good sign. Then we came around the corner a little farther and I saw him! Poor Brad was standing there looking a little lost... not exactly the big homecoming he was expecting! Sorry Brad...

Maya was too nervous to get near him... look closely and you can see her hiding behind Zak.

We finally got Mom turned in the right direction and she came running right over for a hug...

Then it was Dad's turn... nice purse Dad.

O.K. this is funny to say, but Tommy actually looks tiny next to Brad. Apparently Brad grew quite a bit on his mission - he's even taller than Zak now!

And here's Brad with his favorite sister... which one could that be?

It turns out that Brad's flight arrived 30 minutes early! How often does that happen? Both he and another missionary were met by no one upon arrival! I guess that's how it goes... sometimes. We promised Tommy that we would arrive an hour early for his homecoming flight, so some good will have come from this experience!

2 comments:
How exciting to welcome him home! Have fun enjoying your family!
I got a little teary eyed seeing him hug his mom! You guys really do have a great family.
dani
Post a Comment