Tuesday, April 8, 2008

First Haircut

Maya was excited to get her very first haircut...
Until she saw the sink...
It was decided that cutting it dry would be fine...
This was pretty much the look on her face the whole time...
ALL DONE!
I know that it doesn't look a whole lot different in the pictures, most of what was cut off was in the back. She has the wispiest hair (is that a word). I also got to spend a couple of hours shopping at the mall for something great to wear on Saturday (my photo shoot with my friends). I found a new store to LOVE... it's called White House Black Market and I looked SO good in everything I tried on. It also has what I like to call "self esteem sizing". You know what I'm talking about, even though all the other stores put you in a size 6 (sometimes even an 8), here you wear a size 4! And while at Target I usually have to buy everything in extra large, at this store I fit into an extra small! It's genius marketing if you ask me, and I've definately bought into it! Anyways, I put a million things on hold and because I'm a girl (my husband thinks this part is INSANE) I will be taking my sister with me tomorrow to try it all on again. Personally I think it's better than buying it all and returning half later (though I'm not against doing this in a pinch). My husband just doesn't get it when it comes to shopping for clothes (or anything else for that matter). The other day we went shoe shopping for the kids, while we were still in the car Alyvia (my 8 yr old) asked me why I couldn't just buy the shoes without her and not ruin her Saturday with shopping! I explained the importance of going to the stores to see what's new and cute for the season. The I talked about how fun it was going to be to try on a whole bunch of different styles before she could decide what she wanted. She wasn't impressed with my response and replied "Well, that's not what Dad says... he says you have to know what you want and just go right in and get it as quick as you can, then get out"! At this point Zak just looked over at me and smiled. I wonder how our children will turn out, being raised with such conflicting opinions on matters of such great importance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is so funny! Maya's hair looks so cute, she is getting so old! I can see livy and zac now having that conversation about shopping... super funny!

Jennings said...

I must say that I agree with Zak a little bit. I usually only like shopping if I know exactly what I am going for. Although I do tend to browse sometimes. Most of the time when I browse it is just to see all of the neat things out there...I mostly browse in furniture stores PB, RH...Jared is not a fan of the browsing and so I have decided that I just go without him!