Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shootin' Hoops...

I thought I'd spotlight Will today! I am so proud of him. He is such an amazing kid, when he puts his mind to something he gets it done! Last year he wanted to ride a two wheeler and before I could find a minute to get out and help him, he had taken off his training wheels all by himself (using his Daddy's tools) and was riding his bike in circles in the driveway. In January we started teaching him to read and he just loved it (I knew sooner or later I'd get one like me). Anyway, just this Monday he officially read the last of the books his preschool had made available to him and he reached a first grade level of reading. He sneaks books to bed with him and sometimes an hour after he's been put to bed he will call out to us "Hey Mom or Dad, what does R I D I N G spell (or whatever the word happens to be that time)?". I find it so cute (and I can relate) that it's hard to get upset with him and take away the book so he will go to sleep (but I do). He has his end of year preschool program tomorrow and he is SO excited. He was outside shooting hoops and I couldn't resist taking some pictures...


Here he is looking tough...
"Take the picture Mom"
He shoots...
Trying to look cool while dribbling...
Will he make it?
One of his biggest fans looks on...
I get a kick out of his shot, his legs totally leave the ground and it looks more like a jumping jack!
Here's another view... he really puts his whole body into it!


6 comments:

Jen said...

I love the last picture of him- what a cool shot. I just got that book so hopefully I can start teaching Kell how to read this week.

Jennings said...

I am very impressed with Will. I hope that Ethan will be able to shoot that well in a year. Very cute pictures of him. Sorry I missed the girls' birthdays. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Props to you for doing a spa party. When my girls get old enough for birthday parties can I just send them to your house? I don't think I could ever do what you do for your kids!

Jamie said...

Maybe you just need a little "on the job training". That's what I got when I went down to April's and I was designated the "foot massager" at Meg's spa party last fall. Thanks for tuning into my blog... it makes me feel loved! I hope all is well with you and that we can find time to visit.

Jocelin said...

I love that he's wearing his Bat Man cape!

Anonymous said...

I love will! Damen talks about him alot lately. Maybe we'll make a trip up, sooner or later.
Dani

April said...

Boy, he looks like Zak....and Carl...and dave and sam....I am impressed at how big he is getting. Cute pictures.