I'm sure all of you who are reading today's post know that my sister is a photographer. I am (this is no lie) her BIGGEST fan! Something you don't know, however, is that I am not her biggest customer. That's right I hardly ever have pictures taken, in fact usually Jocelin has to guilt me into it ("you'll be sorry one day that you have no pictures of your family...blah, blah, blah). It's not because she doesn't take amazing pictures, it's because "I" don't make amazing pictures. There are so many reasons behind this, let me just list a few; I hate finding coordinating outfits for family pictures... you know the kind that blend so perfectly together without being too "matchy-matchy", it actually takes me weeks (sometimes months) of shopping to find clothes that match the idea in my head. It seems like torture trying to get all of my children to just look at the camera at the same time. It actually is torture getting them to sit still for ONE decent group shot (you know for the one to hang up in the living room). And then there is my smile... Which brings me to the reason I am even talking about pictures in the first place, Jocelin wants to photograph me. That's right, just ME. She's got this crazy notion that Mom's never take the time to get pictures taken of themselves, but deep down we all want to be a supermodel. So she's got a plan for fixing that, it involves Mom's (that's me) getting all spiffed up, high heels and all to get their pictures taken (alone, no kids to hide behind... is this scaring anyone else). I think the idea is brilliant (let me give credit where it is due... mommy models - go to her Thursday, March 20th blog post), don't get me wrong... but I could stand to lose a few pounds, need a fabulous haircut, don't have money or the time to search for the perfect outfit (the one which will hide all my flaws), and above all - I have the cheesiest, most fake smile you have ever seen (I also have a cold sore and several new wrinkles I just noticed, but Jocie says she can photoshop these). So...what to do? I've called up my best friends of course and if luck has it we will all be able to free ourselves of our "Mommy" responsibilities for a day and support each other in this momentous undertaking (helping me to achieve a "real" smile on camera). I'll let you know how it goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah! we're doing it! I can't wait!
You aren't going to be wearing any feather boas or anything are you? Well, if you do, i for sure want to see them.
i have been telling people the more sassy the better... how often do you get away with wearing cool stuff and being all sexy??
Post a Comment